Sunday 14 May 2017

People I would like to contact

Will Bank Head



Who is he?

-head of design and art direction for Honest Jons record label
-runs own label The Trilogy Tapes which he is also art director for
-prolific designer/image maker within the electronic/alternative music seen and has been operating within it for several decades now

Why he relates to my practice

-he operates between the lines of illustration, design and art direction, given that at the moment my practice feels quite varied and that I have a strong interest in design as well as illustration he would fit strongly with what it is I want to do
-despite creating much of his own imagery he also art directs work produced by others particularly within his own label, therefore he could be a future contact through which to gain commissions

Optigram

 Kode9,  Nothing   DBA028-DBA030

Who is he?

-designer/image maker operating predominantly within the electronic music seen as well as for fashion brands
-in house designer for several record labels such as Hyper Dub and Don't Be Afraid

Why he relates to my practice

-As with Bankhead his work blurs the lines between illustration and design and as a practioner he fits somewhere between the two
-Given that I have a strong interest in working within the electronic/alternative music scene getting some insight into how he became an in house designer for several labels and what it entails would be highly relevant to my own practice


No comments:

Post a Comment