Monday 21 May 2018

Record Packaging

Current Contacts

As stated earlier in this blog, I have highlighted the importance of this year in specifying my portfolio towards the areas of the industry I am interested in.

One of the main areas I am interested in is design/image making from music; specifically the independent electronic music scene.

Already I have some contacts within this field through the work I have produced for the Sheffield based events promoter Don’t Look Now, and Sheffield based record distributer All Ears Distribution in the form of a record design for a small label named Beezledubs.

However I realise I need to proactively expand this. Currently I am in talks via instagram with the label owner of Bercuese Heroique. Although this is only a small label and unlikely to provide much in terms of money (most releases are limited to 300), it is highly influential on the international electronic music circuit and therefore would provide a lot of exposure.





Others I wish to contact

I also intend to send work out to Dutch labels Pinkman Records and Kneklehuis. I already have a minor connection to these labels through the promoters Don’t Look Now who previously booked Intergalactic Gray, a Dj who is closely associated with these labels and with whom I have been in contact with since.


These labels also have a strong visual consistency and tone that I think relates well to the work produce. Furthermore, unlike other small labels, their artwork is produced by a variety of different people rather than a single in-house designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment