Monday 21 May 2018

Promotion through Products - T Shirts

This year has also shown me how product can be used as a highly effective form of promotion.

Just before Christmas I decided to print a batch of T-shirts with the simple aim of creating money. However I found that through the course of selling them, that they were also an effective and powerful way of promoting my practice.




In particular they helped me gain a lot of connections in Liverpool where a friend was selling them for me. I think this is due to fact that a physical product, when produced to a high standard,  gives people that may be unaware of your practices a tangible and memorable point of reference.


It has also shown that I need to make the most of the contacts, both professional and personal, that I already have given that much of the sales were from my friend’s Liverpool based studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment